See Below for Notice About NO SERVICES AT SPRINGTOWN
WHERE: Roaring River State Park -- Head east out of Rogers/Bentonville on Hwy. 102/62. At Gateway turn north on Hwy. 37 and head into Missouri. In Seligman, turn east on Hwy. 112 that will take you directly into the State Park. At the bottom of the big hill that leads into the park, turn sharp right onto Hwy. F. The Group Camp is located at the far east end of the camping area. WHEN: Friday evening, August 28 through Sunday morning, August 30. TIMES: We'll be running on a relaxed schedule, but here are some important times to know:
1) Friday supper begins at 6 pm. We'll keep the food out for later arrivals.
2) Sabbath breakfast begins at 9 am -- an important time if you're coming for the day and want to enjoy a delicious breakfast with us!
3) The rest of Sabbath will be on flex-time. Our Worship Service will most likely be in the afternoon after lunch.
4) The time for Sunday breakfast is not set in stone, but we'll head home after we eat and clean up. ACCOMMODATIONS/ACTIVITIES: If you're staying in a cabin, please know that they are large bunk houses. You'll need the following:
1) Sleeping bag/bedding, personal effects, towel, etc.
2) Please consider the bunkhouse sleeping accommodations in your planning.
3) We'll likely hike, walk to the fish hatchery and be active outdoors -- bring sturdy shoes and dress for outdoor activities. Please note that there is a dining hall where we'll eat. This space will provide indoor space for visiting and other activities.
4) Daytime temps will be in the 80s and night temps in the 60s.
5) Optional: A comfortable lawn chair, good book, Bible, games for Saturday night, or a knife for whittling. Come ready to relax! SABBATH ONLY: If you aren't able to stay overnight, PLEASE JOIN US FOR SABBATH. As noted above, breakfast starts at 9 am and plan on staying all day.
NO Services at Springtown
Due to even more people signing up to camp and enjoy Sabbath Roaring River State Park, Sabbath School and Worship will NOT BE HELD at Springtown this week. If you cannot make it to the campout, please enjoy one of the other Adventist churches in the area.
Worship Piano Concert
Mary Grace to Play on Sabbath, September 5
Mary Grace Gallekanao, a gifted, one-armed pianist, will have a sacred piano concert during our worship service the first Sabbath of September. A native of the Philippines, Mary Grace was born with a congenital birth defect but still began playing the piano at age six. She has toured internationally since 1996. In 2001 she earned a psychology degree and combines it with her musical skills to help others -- especially those with disabilities -- accept themselves as God's special creation. She is currently volunteering with the 1,000 Missionary Movement in the Philippines. This will be an uplifting and unforgettable worship experience.