to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
Sleeping Bag Quilts
A New Ministry Serves Area Homeless
Local volunteers are organizing to begin making Sleeping Bag Quilts for the homeless. Here's how you can help:
1) Volunteers Needed: Men & women, ages 10-100, are invited to help make quilts. If you can use scissors and rulers, sew a seam on a sewing machine (or would like to learn how), sew by hand with needle and yarn, tie a square knot, or use an iron -- this project is for you.
2) Donated Materials Needed: Used jeans, cotton shirts, sweatshirts, warm material that could be used for filler, and bedding sheets.
3) Get Involved: If you would like to volunteer your time, donate materials, or want further information about this project, please contact Marti Cash at 479-228-0962. An orientation meeting will be Thursday, December 3, 6-8 pm. Location to be announced.
Tim Tidwell will share from God's Word
on November 28
'Tis the Season
OAA Music Festival Concert
Carols for a King
Saturday Night, December 5, 7 pm
OAS Christmas Program
Thursday, 17, 7 pm
Both programs held in the Gentry Church.
A Wedding Celebration
Sunday Evening, December 6, 6 pm
Skyler & Annie Williams were wed on Sunday, November 22, in Tennessee. But the celebration is coming home to Arkansas where we'll get to shower the couple with congratulations and gifts. Come enjoy a light and festivities. They are registered at REI, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Anthropologie.
Seven Seals Seminar
with Marc Lien
Movies, songs and seminars have promoted the Seven Seals of Revelation for years, but always seem to miss the important point -- Jesus! This seminar will help you interpret the symbols consistently by using the Bible, revealing a persistent God that wants to seal you in Himself for eternity - if we let Him.
Friday, December 11, 6:30-8 pm
Saturday, December 12, 2:30-6 pm
Sunday, December 13, 10 am-12:30 pm
Held at NWA Compass Fellowship.
Springtown Kids Help NWA Kids
Blanket Drive Reaches Every Child in Shelter
Please join the Springtown kids in providing every child in the NWA Children's Shelter a warm, snuggly, handmade fleece tie blanket in time for Christmas! Here's how it will work:
1) What We Need: A) 12 blankets for infants/preschool children (boy or girl) -- suggested size is 1.5 yards print, 1.5 yards solid. B) 12 blankets for boys -- suggested size is 2 yards print, 2 yards solid. C) 24 blankets for girls -- suggested size is 2 yards print, 2 yards solid.
2) Drop Off Your Donated Fleece Material: At OAS, next Sabbath at Springtown, or the Gentry Church office.
3) Blanket Party: On Sunday, December 6, 1-3 pm, at the Dawn Hill home of Darla Cairus, the Springtown kids (and adults) will have a party making the fleece blankets. Hot chocolate and treats will be provided . . . and the kids will discover the true joy of giving at Christmas. Questions: Call Andrea Murphy at 479-233-1762, message her on FB or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Vibrant Life Editor Speaks for Women's Weekend
Heather Quintana to Speak December 11-12
The editor of the oldest health magazine in America is coming to Springtown. Here's the line-up:
1) Women's Vespers - Friday, December 11 - Heather will speak on The Power of Positivity. Details TBA.
2) Sabbath School Feature -- Sabbath, December 12 - Heather's presentation is entitled Three Ways to Experience a Spiritual Breakthrough.
3) Sabbath Worship Service - Heather will speak on How to Become Fully Alive.
Heather is editor of the Adventist Church's health magazine and the author of Momentum, a daily devotional for teens. As a writer and editorial consultant, she has been published in numerous magazines and Web sites. A graduate of the Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University, she is married to a pastor and lives in eastern Oklahoma.
Women's Weekend also features the men's extraordinary cooking for Sabbath lunch and a Saturday night PJs & a Movie for the ladies. Watch for more details!
December 14 Business Meeting
A very important business meeting to cover our church building project and church leadership.
2016 Devotional Books
Check out the flier on the tables at church and place your order with Ann Willoughby. You'll get a discount by ordering through the church.
Food Baskets are Reaching People's Homes
But the Need for Donated Food Continues
Springtown will be distributing Food Baskets through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. This week's donation items are non-perishable, single-serve items such as fruit, apple sauce, etc. Consider any microwavable soups or easy-to-prepare food. We're also needing more peanut butter & jelly.
A Cup & A Verse
Friday Night, December 4, 7-8 pm
You're invited to the home of Bert & Bryan Yeagley for a warm beverage around the fireplace and a relaxed hour of sharing from the Bible. Come ready to share your favorite Bible texts on Strength -- like Isaiah 40:31!