Youth Sabbath School Teacher
- TEENS (13-17)
- YOUNG ADULT (18-29)
The Sabbath School teacher plays a key role in achieving the ministry mission for Sabbath School and has the following responsibilities:
- Sits with the children assigned and learns their names.
- Relates to children in a loving, respectful manner.
- Notes missing members and calls family during the week (should also alert pastor as well).
- Occasional calls children during the week to encourage and pray with them.
- Recognizes the children outside of class.
- Looks for opportunities to encourage children to accept Jesus; helps them start their own plan for daily devotions.
- Demonstrates a concern for child safety by filling out the volunteer ministry information form and returning it when asked and by observing the guidelines for volunteers and caregivers.
SPIRITUALLY, THE LEADER SHOULD:
- Maintain a habit of daily personal prayer and Bible study.
- Model God’s grace in relationships within the class.
- Seeks to love and accept each child at all times.
- Expresses love for God by praying with the class and telling a personal salvation story—what God has done for them—and by “walking the talk.”